Public Records Researcher - Full Time
Starting Compensation: 33K Annually, $16.00 per hour
KRESS is seeking a Public Records Research Specialist who would be responsible for processing orders and items related to criminal background research and screening of applicants seeking employment. This position works with a team who primarily work with criminal court case records at the county, state, and federal levels. They are accountable for working within KRESS’ client guidelines as well as the Fair Credit Reporting Act’s (FCRA) regulations to provide minimal turnaround time and high-quality results.
KRESS is a small but fast-growing organization, focused on providing employment screenings and compliance services while building successful relationships with our clients. We offer a fun, fast-paced, growing environment.
- Provide customer service via telephone, fax, email and instant messenger; relaying status information and helping with general customer questions on a daily basis.
- Process criminal, civil and driving records on a daily basis by entering, logging and scanning information into various sites and our platform for initial ordering as well as return record information provided by outside vendors.
- Research information as needed using vendors, websites, and public sources working as a point person between clients and research vendors in completing background check reports and ensuring compliance and delivery of required information to clients in a timely manner.
- Evaluate information provided by applicants for accuracy and consistency, compare the information provided to the information uncovered in your research, follow- up on missing items and/or incomplete forms per policy and procedures, and process any required follow-up requests for public records.
- Cross training in other departments to provide backup as needed
Requirements: This job requires good communication, time-management, research, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- An individual who does well under pressure with time-sensitive projects daily
- Knowledge of the internet and search engines
- Customer service oriented
- Capable of working independently, but takes direction well
- Two (+) years working in an office environment
- Two (+) years on a windows-based platform with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Extremely accurate alpha-numeric data entry skills
- License requirements necessitate fingerprinting and clean background/drug
Education: A degree in criminal justice or other related area is preferred, although we do consider on-the-job experience as valuable as a degree. Experience in research, verifying data, criminal records, court work, fact checking or editing, or related fields is a plus.
Skills/Qualifications: Detail oriented, advanced use of the English language in both written and verbal, high energy level, high personal standards, creativity, independent working, motivation for continued personal growth, goal oriented, honest, ethical, personable and professional.
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- 100% Employer Match 401(k) Plan up to 6%
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Paid Time Off
- 15 Paid Holidays Annually
- Medical Compensation Plan
- Remote and In-Office Work Available
- Casual Dress Code