- Their turnaround times are a little too perfect. KRESS completes 85 percent of screens in less than 24 hours, but some applicants will require more digging.
- Applicants are too good to be true—all of them. 56 percent of employers will find an applicant who lies on their resume, and your background checking company should catch these fibs.
- They cut corners. Many companies will send you a one-page release form to have applicants sign. When is the last time you saw a one-page contract? Using the wrong form could put you at financial risk.
- They can’t keep their facts straight. If your vendor is sending reports full of additional names and information followed by, “This may or may not be your candidate,” you can do better.
- They’re exposing you to SST lawsuits. Social security traces are a delicate matter. If your report tells you more than where candidates currently live, it could be setting you up for a lawsuit.
You only want the best candidates, so make sure you’re using the best employment screening company. For the information you really need to know to properly judge your screening company, download our full guide.