Have you ever just completely bombed a job interview or interviewed someone who has? A nationwide poll conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of CareerBuilder.com highlights some of the biggest and funniest blunders people have committed during a job interview. Have you dealt with any of these massive blunders?
Strangest Job Interview Occurrences:
We can’t say we have run into any of these!
- Candidate started screaming that the interview was too long.
- Candidate took phone interview in bathroom – and flushed.
- Candidate put lotion on her feet during the interview.
Body Language Job Costing Mistakes:
Okay now this is a bit more common. The percentage relates to hiring managers that have said they denied a candidate for these reasons.
- 67 percent: Failing to make eye contact
- 39 percent: Failing to smile
- 30 percent: Fidgeting too much in their seats
Ruining a Job Interview
These are the most common ways candidates have bombed out of their interview in a single blow!
- 69 percent: Candidate is caught lying about something
- 50 percent: Candidate dresses inappropriately
- 50 percent: Candidate swears
Job interviews can be a bit of science and the hiring managers can read what each action means very well. That doesn’t mean we can’t get a good laugh out of it every now and then! Be sure to read the full article with results here.