- Generate a 2020 calendar: Create and distribute a 2020 calendar to your colleagues that includes company holidays, events, and vacation. This calendar may evolve as the new year unfolds, but you’re already ahead of the curve.
- Acknowledge company highlights: Celebrate any achievements that occurred during the year, whether it’s at a company meeting, holiday party, or in a company newsletter. It’s important to keep company morale positive and acknowledge everyone’s hard work.
- Prepare for policy changes: As we ring in each new year, new laws go into effect. Brush up on regualations to come and get your companies in order so you continue to be compliant.
- Schedule compliance trainings: As new laws go into effect, be sure the company is on the same page and all employees are well-versed and trained. Avoid any compliance violations in the new year.
- Audit files: Organizing employee files and auditing them for HR compliance should be done at least once a year. Purging files is also necessary after a certain amount time, so be sure to review or create a file retention guideline.
We know HR can be complicated, especially HR compliance. If your company could benefit from the experts at KRESS, contact us to learn how we can help you find a custom solution for your needs and experience our exemplary customer service.