Most of us will hit roadblocks in our careers, but the most successful of us will bounce back. In a rapidly changing hiring and human resources landscape, it can be hard to keep up. It’s important for company leaders to have a positive but realistic outlook on their future. Next time you’re feeling down, take a look at these words of wisdom to inspire you to work your way back to the top.
- “Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior. But a lack of empathy isn’t.” —Phil Klay
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient.” —Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” —Elizabeth Edwards
- “We will either find a way, or make one.” —Hanibal Barca
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” —Gever Tulley
- “Resilience isn’t a single skill. It’s a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.” —Jean Chatzky
- “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.” —Mary Holloway
- “She stood in the storm and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.” —Elizabeth Edwards
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” —Nelson Mandela
- “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” —Greg Kincaid
- “I’m inspired by people that are marginal. I’m excited by their resilience. ” —Mira Nair
- “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” —Joshua Waitzkin
For more tips and insights to lift your day, follow us on Facebook.