The worst season of the year has arrived – flu season! Every year, many of our co-workers fall victim to the virus. However, there are several simple and effective ways we can help to prevent the flu from overtaking the workplace.
Eliminate the Flu!
- Remind employees about these seemingly simple tips! While it may seem as if everyone already knows these simple ways to prevent the flu from spreading, you would be surprised how many of them slip from our mind. Send out an office-wide email with these tips as a reminder or post them around the office.
- Be courteous of others and stay home if you’re sick. Don’t try to tough it out at the office. Instead of being a productive member of the team, you will only spread the virus to your coworkers. It’s recommended that you stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone.
- Consider working from home. If you’re employer, this may also be the time to consider implementing a policy that allows sick workers to work remotely.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose during flu season,
- Wash your hands! Use good old soap and water to wash your hands regularly, rather than only relying on hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect common areas around the office more often, as well as employee workstations.
- Limit contact if you do have to stay in the office. If you suspect you’re getting sick, explain this to your supervisor and try to opt out of any meetings you might have that day. Simply putting more distance between you and your coworkers can help.